One of my favorite photographers (and fellow Michigander!), Ashley Slater from The Bloom Workshop, posted a challenge for December (#bloomIGchallenge) to blog at least 3 times during the month, starting with your favorite things. So I thought, hey it will be like Oprah’s favorite things (remember those amazing episodes?!?), except less glamorous and no studio audience. Here are a few of my favorite things I’ve been crushing on lately:
- BOBS from Skechers High Notes Rocket Lace-up Wedge Shoes. These are so comfy…they have memory foam soles and I could walk in them for days. I may or may not have two pairs in two different colors. They are ah-mazing and look great with skinny jeans.
- I have a gold bar necklace exactly like this, except mine is engraved with one of my favorite memories verses…Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future…” What a beautiful reminder of who really is in control.
- Honest Beauty Luminizing Powder. When I became pregnant I was obsessed with going as non-toxic, chemical free as possible (yeah, I was a little neurotic about it, but whatever). So, instead of going make-up free (um, yeah…I don’t wake up like this) I found Honest Beauty and even though I’m not pregnant anymore I still use their products because I love them so much – and I feel good about not putting nasty chemicals on my face.
- Target’s Weekends are for Cuddling Sweatshirt. I bought this from Target on a whim because I thought, heck yeah weekends are for cuddling! But seriously, this sweatshirt is soooo soft. I love it and wear it practically all weekend. And at $18 bucks it’s a steal. Do yourself a favor and get it.
- Minted holiday cards. My Christmas cards are going to kill it this year. My favorite place to order them is through Minted.com. They have the BEST designs…and although it’s a bit on the pricey side, it’s well worth it. Just wait for a sale and then order those suckers (and send me one!).
- The Magnolia Story. If you watch and love Chip and Joanna Gaines on HGTV’s Fixer Upper, then you’ll love their autobiography that was just released. A quick 3-4 hour read, it had me smiling the entire time as each narrated their side of the story. I really appreciate their style, hustle and faith in the One above. Plus, I think I kind of married a “Chip.”
- Canon AE-1 Camera. I’m a little bit nervous to admit this one, but I’m diving into the world of film photography….ok, so probably really only getting my toes slightly wet, but still I feel like this is a momentous occasion. I love the look of film and try to emulate it in my digital photography, so thought, why not? I’ll just be doing it as a personal project (not offering it to clients at this point), so I’m excited at the prospect of doing something just for me J
Well, so that’s a few of my favorite things! What’s something that you can’t live without at the moment?